Gazzetta dello Sport via Football Italia are reporting that AC Milan maintain a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ with current manager Stefano Pioli up until the end of the season. The report notes that the final position of Milan in the table this season will decide whether or not Pioli will be kept on. The Italian provides a much cheaper alternative to Ralf Rangnick and if he finishes in the European spots could make a convincing argument to keep his job.
Pioli took over Milan from Marco Giampaolo when the side had 3 wins and 4 losses. He has since led the team to 9 wins, 7 draws and 6 losses in all competitions. Milan currently sit in seventh position with 36 points; 3 points off the Europa League and 12 points off the Champions League.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan suspend training until the 23rd of March. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan targeting Celtic FC young centre back for the summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Inter Milan could swap Nike for Adidas as renewal talks start. [Football Italia]
- Atalanta gearing up to sign Pasalic outright from Chelsea this summer. [Football Italia]
- UEFA meeting to decide Euro 2020 fate as Italy pushes for postponement. [Super Sport]
World Football Links
- 21 Year Old Spanish Football Coach Francisco Garcia has passed away due to the coronavirus and leukaemia. [The Independent]
- How football is dealing with the coronavirus. [The Guardian]
- Leeds United chief says it’s vital for league to be completed. [Sky Sports]
- Football in Argentina continues to go ahead behind closed doors. [Goal]
- Champions League and Europa League could be decided by mini-tournament. [BBC]