Sky Germany are reporting that Ralf Rangnick is unlikely to join AC Milan after all. The confrontation between CFO Zvonimir Boban and CEO Ivan Gazidis was a messy affair that led to the firing of the former. The management has been in disarray for about two weeks and it turns out that there might not have been any contact or agreement with the former RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg manager.
Sky Germany: Ralf Rangnick will not switch to Milan. There was an agreement in principle between him and Elliott but the Red Bull sporting advisor will probably not accept Milan’s current offerhttps://t.co/2p5opALfhn— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) March 11, 2020
Rangnick and his agent have denied the claims in recent weeks. The report states that Rangnick may have had a general agreement with Elliot but is unlikely to accept any offer following the fallout at the club recently.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Juventus defender Rugani tests positive for coronavirus yesterday. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan set for isolation after Rugani tests positive and Derby d’Italia. [Football Italia]
- Lega Serie A appealing to UEFA for a complete shutdown of football. [Football Italia]
- Napoli contact Mauro Icardi's agent and wife over a summer move. [Sempre Inter]
- Ronaldo will remain in Portugal to avoid coronavirus in Italy . [Goal]
World Football Links
- Liverpool KO as Atlético Madrid put on extra time masterclass. [BBC]
- PSG hold off Borussia Dortmund in 2-0 home win behind closed doors. [The Guardian]
- Bayer Leverkusen vs Rangers will be played behind closed doors. [Sky Sports]
- Arsenal players quarantined as Manchester City game is postponed. [France24]
- FC Dallas and San Jose Earthquakes have their games postponed. [Goal]