According to La Repubblica via Sempre Milan there are three options for Serie A after the Italian Prime Minister banned all sporting events in the country. The response comes amid a spike in cases as well as pressure on Lega Serie A from CONI and AIC over player heath and safety.
“1. The season would end later and the Euros would take place closer to the autumn, or possibly even next summer.
2. Move forward with a busy schedule of games every 2-3 days. The Coppa Italia could even be postponed to the end of August.
3. Total block of the season. Then it would be up to the FIGC to decide the final standings, assigning just the European spots and not the rest of the positions. Furthermore, the first two from Serie B could be promoted and league would rise to 22 teams.”
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Sassuolo pick apart Brescia 3-0 as Boga nets again. [Football Italia]
- Serie A suspended by Italy's Prime Minister over coronavirus spike. [Football Italia]
- CONI requested suspension of Serie A. [Football Italia]
- AIC and Lega Serie A row over coronavirus; potential for strike. [Football Italia]
- Gasperini speaks ahead of Atalanta vs Valencia in the Champions League . [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Leicester City smash Aston Villa 4-0 on Monday night. [The Guardian]
- Wolverhampton's UEL fixture against Olympiakos to be behind closed doors. [BBC]
- Chong signs new Manchester United contract amid Inter Milan links. [Sky Sports]
- PSG vs Borussia Dortmund to be played behind closed doors. [France24]
- Floyd Mayweather interested in buying Newcastle United in the UK. [Goal]