Corriere dello Sport via Calcio Mercato are reporting that Luciano Spalletti is back to being the front runner for the AC Milan job this summer. The former Inter Milan manager is tipped to replace Stefano Pioli as the current manager faces a tough task to either qualify in the Top 4 or to win the Coppa Italia. Furthermore, Milan look to have a difficult task to even close down on a Europa League spot.
Spalletti is expected to accept the offer on the table considering the running down of his current contract. He is expected to be at the top of the list alongside Massimiliano Allegri given their significant Serie A experience.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan and Mino Raiola set for crunch talks ahead of the summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- Eintracht Frankfurt want 40 million euros for Rebic. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus beaten by Lyon on the road as team looks lost. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina preparing mega contract renewal for Chiesa. [Football Italia]
- Looking at the coronavirus battle in Italy and it's football. [BBC]
World Football Links
- Rangers stun Sporting Braga 1-0 in the Europa League. [BBC]
- Manchester City send a strong message with 2-1 Real Madrid win. [The Guardian]
- Millwall and Birmingham City play out a dull 0-0 draw. [Sky Sports]
- David Beckham's Inter Miami will finally kick off against Los Angeles FC . [Super Sport]
- Leeds United beat Middlesbrough to go within 4 points of top spot. [Super Sport]