MilanNews.it are reporting that Simon Kjaer will not recover in time to face Genoa this weekend. AC Milan will need either youngster Matteo Gabbia or experienced Matteo Musacchio to partner Alessio Romagnoli at the heart of the defence.
Simon Kjær will miss sunday’s game against Genoa after still dealing with his injury. Either Mateo Musacchio or Mattieo Gabbia will start. (@SkySport)— Inside Milan (@_InsideMilan) February 25, 2020
Who would you start instead of Kjær? pic.twitter.com/0HeHVc4iVK
Gabbia made his first start in red and black in the league last time out against Fiorentina and was admirable. Musacchio has been dealing with a nagging calf injury and his fitness will determine whether he can start on Sunday.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Tactical Review of Milan's 1-1 draw with Fiorentina away. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan vs Genoa will be played behind closed doors. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Women vs Fiorentina Women postponed due to coronavirus. [AC Milan Offside]
- Arsenal targeting Turkey and Milan midfielder for summer move. [AC Milan Offside]
- Gennaro Gattuso's Napoli hold Barcelona to 1-1 draw at the San Paolo. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Wales Robson-Kanu goal takes West Brom further atop the Championship. [The Guardian]
- Bayern Munich crush Chelsea 3-0 in first leg of Champions League. [BBC]
- Nottingham Forest beat Cardiff City to keep pace with promotion. [Sky Sports]
- Previewing Real Madrid vs Manchester City in the UCL. [Super Sport]
- Marco Bielsa says confidence is returning to Leeds United after wins. [Super Sport]