La Repubblica are reporting that AC Milan will protest to the president of referees about the decisions of Calvarese in the 1-1 draw with Fiorentina this weekend. Zlatan Ibrahimovic's opening goal was cancelled out for a handball despite his arm being attached to the side of hi body and him chesting the ball first.
Gianpaolo Calvarese the worst on the pitch (closely followed by Hakan) with a bunch of terrible decisions, but Milan ultimately can only blame themselves. Their weakest performance in the last couple of months. Pioli's subs were awful as well. pic.twitter.com/WLCUaCrEUr— Meytar Zeevi (@RossoneriBlog) February 22, 2020
Moreover, Calvarese gave the Viola a late penalty when Alessio Romagnoli tackled Patrick Cutrone in the box. Romagnoli clearly touched the ball first and the call was outrageous. The call cost Milan a victory and both Stefano Pioli and Paolo Maldini spoke out against the decisions after the game.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings of Milan vs Fiorentina draw. [AC Milan Offside]
- Match Recap of Milan vs Fiorentina and the VAR drama. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Women's fixture postponed over coronavirus fears. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan have a 5 manager shortlist led by Massimiliano Allegri and Simone Inzaghi . [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio beat Genoa 3-2 as Ciro Immobile scores again in amazing run. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester United wreck Watford 3-0 bringing back relegation fears. [The Guardian]
- Edinson Cavani scores as PSG beat Bordeaux 4-3 and Neymar sees red. [Sky Sports]
- Messie scores four as Barcelona smash Eibar 5-0. [CNN]
- Borussia Dortmund beat Werder Bremen 2-1 as Haaland scores again. [BBC]
- Real Madrid lose 1-0 at Levante as Eden Hazard picks up injury. [Super Sport]