AC Milan centre-backs Simon Kjaer and Matteo Musacchio both have minor injuries to overcome before Milan travel to face Fiorentina this weekend. Kjaer was subbed out at the 44th minute against Torino due to a muscular issue. Musacchio was unable to come off the bench to replace him due to some tightness in his calf.
@AntoVitiello :— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) February 18, 2020
Kjær, left thigh flexor problems. The extent of the damage will be assessed tomorrow with a resonance exam.
Musacchio: contracture in the right calf, today he did the necessary treatment and tomorrow there will be a new clinical-instrumental evaluation. pic.twitter.com/NTu3Pkkgfj
MinaNews.it are reporting that Kjaer will undergo an MRI today while Musacchio will undergo treatment and further evaluation over the course of the week. It remains to be seen if the two centre-backs regain their fitness this week or whether Matteo Gabbia will get his first start in a Milan shirt this weekend.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Matteo Gabbia makes his Serie A debut for Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Player Ratings from Milan's 1-0 win over Torino in the league. [AC Milan Offside]
- Recap of Milan's 1-0 win over Torino and Rebic's form. [AC Milan Offside]
- Atalanta face an injury-plagued Valencia in the Champions League . [Football Italia]
- Borussia Dortmund buy Emre Can from Juventus outright. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Netherlands will face Greece and Wales ahead of Euros. [Super Sport]
- Liverpool beaten 1-0 by Atlético Madrid in first leg of knockout. [Sky Sports]
- PSG lose 2-1 to Borussia Dortmund as Haaland stars again. [BBC]
- Manchester City could face new UEFA investigation over sponsors. [The Guardian]
- Former Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas will retire from football with FC Porto as he runs for President of the RFEF. [Super Sport]