AC Milan are attempting to hunt down an elusive Champions League spot but may have to settle in a Europa League position this year. Milan lost their first game of 2020 last weekend against Inter Milan and will need to bounce back hard against Torino on Monday. Atalanta currently hold the last UCL spot with 45 points, AS Roma and Hellas Verona occupy the UEL spots with 39 and 34 points respectively although Verona have a game in hand.
Serie A Table before gameweek 24. Milan in 10th place. Where do you think Milan will finish at the end of the season? pic.twitter.com/NoSqWCSO49— Inside Milan (@_InsideMilan) February 14, 2020
Milan are bogged down in the trenches alongside Bologna, Cagliari, Parma and Napoli between 7th and 11th place ranging between 33 and 30 points. In the coming weeks, Milan have to ensure they do not drop points as they can easily get stuck mid table thus throwing away the seasons after a minor revival.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- A hard look at Milan's 2018/19 finances. [AC Milan Offside]
- Breaking down the outrage in Milan vs Juventus draw. [AC Milan Offside]
- Player Ratings from Milan's 1-1 draw with Juve. [AC Milan Offside]
- Genoa dominate 9 man Bologna to win 3-0. [Football Italia]
- Atalanta comeback buries AS Roma and holds 4th place. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Barcelona edge past Getafe to put pressure on Real Madrid in title race. [BBC]
- Sadio Mane scores to lift Liverpool over Norwich City to extend lead. [Sky Sports]
- PSG struggle to beat Amiens despite Mauro Icardi's late goal in 4-4 draw. [The Guardian]
- RB Leipzig ease past Werder Bremen 3-0 ahead of Champions League clash. [Super Sport]
- Leeds United beat BRistol City to close gap on West Brom for top spot. [Super Sport]