AC Milan were robbed of a first leg victory in the semi finals of the Coppa Italia by a 90th minute penalty awarded to Juventus after a VAR check. Davide Calabria was penalised for a hand ball but it was overly harsh given he was not facing the ball. Ante Rebic continued his fine form with another goal as Milan dominated the game at home.
Man was trying to do a bicycle kick and the ball hit Calabria's hand that was 3 inches away We cant beat this guy pic.twitter.com/9gshdTkCXP— (@NdombeleAlvaro) February 13, 2020
Milan will have a tough second leg in Turin as they will miss Hernandez who got a red card as well as Zlatan Ibrahimovic who will be suspended due to accumulation of yellow cards.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan break Coppa Italia attendance record in the semis. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan lose 2-1 to Fiorentina in the Coppa. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lucas Biglia gets injured again and is out till the summer. [AC Milan Offside]
- 9 Things from Milan’s 4-2 loss to Inter Milan in the derby. [AC Milan Offside]
- Alessandro Matri weighs up options after leaving Sassuolo in January. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- A look at StubHub and the grasp on resale tickets. [The Guardian]
- Bobby Madley returns to refereeing two years after sacking. [Sky Sports]
- Jadon Sancho being watched by Bayern Munich and Barcelona for the summer. [Sky Sports]
- Real Sociedad beat Mirandes 2-1 on track for Copa final. [Super Sport]
- Miedema’s double helps Arsenal Women beat Liverpool 3-2. [BBC]