AC Milan faced Spezia in their third Serie A fixture of the season at home. Milan fielded an incredibly youthful squad as Stefano Pioli looked to rotate the squad after the extended game against Rio Ave in the mid-week. Sandro Tonali and Rade Krunic started in midfield. Brahim Diaz, Alexis Saelemaekers and Rafael Leao in the attacking positions with Lorenzo Colombo as the lone striker. Milan struggled for a foothold in the game during the first half resulting in a number of urgent changes by Pioli early in the second half. The inclusion of Hakan Calhanoglu proved decisive in unlocking the creativity as the no. 10 swung in a inch perfect free kick which Leao slotted home. Theo Hernandez chanelled his previous season's form to intercept the ball, run at the defence and smash home the second goal of the game into the bottom corner. Saelemaekers soon after did well to cross into the box with his left foot finding Kessie who cushioned the ball back into the mix for Leao to tap in for his second goal of the game. Milan come away with three points and their third consecutive clean sheet in the league. Next is the international break followed by Inter Milan and Celtic FC in quick succession.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Tactical Preview of Milan vs Spezia [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan and CRAI announce partnership agreement. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Primavera fall 1-0 to Juventus late in game. [AC Milan Offside]
- Manchester United right back completes Milan move. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan are pushing to close gap for Schalke 04 centre back. [AC Milan Offside]