AC Milan faced Celtic FC in their UEFA Europa League opener last night in Glasgow and came away with a huge win whilst heavily rotating the squad. New signings Brahim Diaz, Sandro Tonali and Diogo Dalot got starting roles and delivered. Milan opened the scoring early on as Rade Krunic bagged his first ever goal for the Rossoneri guiding home a header from Samu Castillejo lofted cross. Milan dominated the first half and nearly at the end, Hernandez made an incredible run down the wing then turned back passing to Brahim Diaz who driblled past two defenders and slotted home for the second. Milan conceded a silly goal from a corner as Sanro Tonali fell asleep and lost his man. Stefano Pioli brought on Jens Petter Hauge and Alexis Saelemaekers late on, they combined well in the 90th minute for the Norwegian to score his first Milan goal as he forced the Celtic centre back and goalkeeper to smash into one another. A big win ahead of another crunch tie with AS Roma on Monday night.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan could be a part of the new proposed European Super League [AC Milan Offside]
- Match Preview of Celtic vs Milan: H2H, Form, Players to Watch [AC Milan Offside]
- What to Expect from Celtic with TJDS Blog [AC Milan Offside]
- Veronica Boquete is reportedly in talks to join Milan Women [AC Milan Offside]
- 9 Things from Milan's 2-1 win over Inter Milan away. [AC Milan Offside]