As we reported a few days ago, Piatek has fallen down the pecking order after the arrival of Ibrahimovic and has received a number of offers however the Poland international has reportedly turned down offers from Genoa and Crystal Palace as he feels like he needs to join a bigger club. New reports have emerged that indicate two more clubs from the Premier League are targeting the misfiring striker.
Aston Villa are reportedly interested in Milan’s Polish striker Krzysztof Piatek. The 24-year old could leave in January following the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.[ @NicoSchira ]— Total Villa (@Total_Villa) January 7, 2020
This would be an unreal signing if we could some how pull this one off! #avfc pic.twitter.com/BVvt1zSysS
According to Antonio Vitiello Newcastle United and Aston Villa are looking to acquire the no. 9 and he is warming up to a move away to relaunch himself given that the Euros are just around the corner.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from AC Milan's draw with Sampdoria 0-0. [AC Milan Offside]
- Atalanta and Milan could swap for centre back Mattia Caldara after troubles. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan set Barcelona deadline for Todibo after Massara's trip. [AC Milan Offside]
- AS Roma extend contract of Aleksander Kolarov until 2021. [Football Italia]
- Napoli closing in on Amrabat but Inter Milan lurking. [Sky Italia]
World Football Links
- Sadio Mane crowned African Player of the Year for feats with Senegal and Liverpool. [FIFA]
- Manchester United easily swept aside by Manchester City in Carabao Cup. [The Guardian]
- Danny Drinkwater joins Aston Villa on loan from Chelsea after Burnley flop. [BBC]
- Liverpool announce massive kit deal with Nike to regain global market. [Sky Sports]
- Germany legend Oliver Kahn joins Bayern Munich board. [Super Sport]