AC Milan face Torino in the Coppa Italia this evening as Stefano Pioli looks to set up a date with Juventus in the semi finals. Milan beat SPAL 3-0 in the previous round with an incredible contribution for benched striker Piatek who scored one and provided an assist. Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that new signing Asmir Begovic will likely make his debut. The defence and midfield will remain the same as the league games.
Probable lineup vs. Torino (4-4-2):— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) January 27, 2020
Begovic; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo ; Samu Castillejo, Kessié, Bennacer, Çalhanoglu; Piatek, Rebic [@DiMarzio]
The notable rotation will be in attack where Pioli looks to opt for Ante Rebic and Krzysztof Piatek to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Rafael Leao for the tie. The duo started the game against SPAL as well.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Spain winger Suso edges closer to Sevilla as clubs look to close. [AC Milan Offside]
- Tactical Review of Milan's 1-0 win over Brescia away. [AC Milan Offside]
- Poland striker Piatek linked with Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur moves. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan intensify contacts for Benfica's midfielder Florentino. [AC Milan Offside]
- Inter Milan practically complete the signing of Christian Eriksen for 20m. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Arsenal hold on to knock Bournemouth out of the FA Cup 2-1. [The Guardian]
- Wayne Rooney and Derby County could face Manchester United in the Cup. [Sky Sports]
- Leeds United sign Kevin Augustin from RB Leipzig as they eye promotion. [Goal]
- Haaland continues to amaze for Borussia Dortmund while Bayern Munich get back on track. [Super Sport]
- La Liga wants Espanyol partial stadium closure for racism incident. [BBC]