Fabrizio Romano via Calcio Mercato is reporting that Juventus and AC Milan are once again considering a swap deal for Brazil midfielder Lucas Paqueta and Italy winger Federico Bernardeschi. The bulk of the negotiations occured before the Christmas break but fell apart due to Juventus not being completely convinced by Paqueta as a long term investment and simultaneously Bernardeschi's choice not to leave Turin at the moment.
@DiMarzio: There are ongoing talks between Milan and Juventus for the Paqueta-Bernardeschi exchange deal, the hurdle is the salary of the Italian player who is much higher than Paqueta.— HomeOfMilan (@homeofmilan) January 26, 2020
Paqueta has been tracked by PSG for the majority of the window as we reported here but they are turned off by his high valuation of about 30-35 million euros.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Suso is in advanced talks with Sevilla over an exit in this transfer window . [AC Milan Offside]
- Switzerland international Rodriguez transfer to Fenerbahce is back on. [AC Milan Offside]
- Atalanta pulverise Torino 7-0 as Ilicic scores a hat trick. [Football Italia]
- Fiorentina and Genoa play out a stalemate as Dragowski saves penalty. [Football Italia]
- Bologna come from behind to beat SPAL 3-1 to keep pace for Europa. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Valencia beat Barcelona 2-0 to deal Setien his first loss in charge. [BBC]
- Eintracht Frankfurt stun RB Leipzig to drop points at the top. [DW]
- Bayern Munich beat Schalke 04 5-0 to close gap at the top. [Bavarian Football Works]
- Chelsea beat Hull City 2-1 in the FA Cup as Batshuayi scored. [Sky Sports]
- Leicester City beat Brentford 1-0 in the FA Cup as Iheanacho comes up clutch. [The Guardian]