AC Milan eased past SPAL in the Coppa Italia round of 16 with another solid display of the new 4-4-2 enacted by Stefano Pioli the past week. Milan heavily rotated with seven changes from the weekend victory against Cagliari away. Piatek picked up the opening goal and provided an assist for the second in a solid performance. Samu Castillejo proved he is up to the task with a great finish while The Hernandez kept pace as Milan's joint top scorer with a scorcher from outside the box.
Milan have won two consecutive games whilst playing the 4-4-2 and will advance in the Coppa Italia to face Torino in the quarter finals. If Milan succeed, they will face one of Juventus or AS Roma in the semi finals.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan shed 5 million in wages in 2 days as management cleans shop. [AC Milan Offside]
- Former Chelsea keeper Begovic signs for Milan; Here's what to expect. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan Women lost 2-1 to Empoli: Here's the review. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan's Switzerland international accepts move to Turkey on loan with obligation. [AC Milan Offside]
- Cutrone Scores, Captain Pezzella sent off and Fiorentina beat Atalanta in the Cup. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Juan Mata sends Manchester United through past Wolverhampton in the FA Cup. [The Guardian]
- Cameroon announce 2021 Africa Cup of Nations shift to January. [BBC]
- PSG run rampant in the Cup against Monaco in 4-1 win. [Goal]
- Liverpool, United States Women, Megan Rapinoe and Lionel Messi up for prestigious Laureus Sports Awards. [Sky Sports]
- Thomas Mueller and Mats Hummels could feature for Germany at the Tokyo Olympics. [Super Sport]