Sky Sports are reporting that AC Milan will be rivalling Arsenal for Bayern Munich's veteran centre back Jerome Boateng to partner with Alessio Romagnoli in defence. Milan have already added Simon Kjaer from Sevilla to add depth at centre back but look to be going further to find a starter. Milan will likely look to offer a loan deal to the Germany international but his current club will push for an outright sale.
Despite Hansi Flick announcing that he does not expect him to leave, Milan have inquired about Jerome Boateng, even after signing Simon Kjaer. A loan with option to buy is the preferred deal formula for Milan but Boateng’s salary could pose an issue [Sky Germany] pic.twitter.com/8vlV0te9sh— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) January 12, 2020
Bayern value the 31 year old at 15 million euros. He has won 7 Bundesliga titles, 1 Champions League title and 4 Cup titles in his time in Munich.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Suso receives interest from Valencia, Getafe and Sevilla amid exit talks. [AC Milan Offside]
- Former Chelsea keeper reportedly on the verge of joining Milan on loan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Previewing AC Milan Women's trip to Empoli with the new signings. [AC Milan Offside]
- Juventus go back to the top at midway point with victory over AS Roma away. [Football Italia]
- Sampdoria come up with huge 5-1 victory over Brescia to jump out of relegation. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Manchester City beat down Aston Villa 6-1 ahead of Pepe Reina's move. [The Guardian]
- Real Madrid beat Atlético Madrid on penalties to lift the Spanish Super Cup. [France24]
- Watford beat Bournemouth to slip out of the relegation zone. [Sky Sports]
- West Brom leapfrog Leeds United to go top of the Championship. [Super Sport]
- PSG held by Monaco in six goal thriller as Neymar scores brace. [BBC]