Sky Sport Italia are suggesting that AC Milan are adopting a 4-4-2 formation for their upcoming fixture against Cagliari where Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to start. The report discusses the high probability of Rafael Leao playing alongside the former Sweden international as Stefano Pioli makes a decisive change to the system.
Zlatan has advised Pioli he wants Leao as attacking partner. To accommodate, the formation would have to change to 4-3-1-2.— AC Milan 100% (@Planetmilan) January 8, 2020
Franck Kessie and Samu Castillejo will look to replace Suso and Rade Krunic while Hakan Calhanoglu will maintain his position. The line up looks to add attacking options to get Milan firing as they are currently without a goal in three league games.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Tactical Review of Milan's Lifeless 0-0 draw with Sampdoria at home. [AC Milan Offside]
- Inter Milan's Politano on the top of Milan transfer window targets. [AC Milan Offside]
- Poland international receives offer from Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur interest. [AC Milan Offside]
- Italy Women will face Portugal in the Algarve Cup. [AC Milan Offside]
- Torino beat Genoa on penalties in the Coppa Italia after 1-1 draw. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Ashley Young rejects new Manchester United contract amid Inter links. [BBC]
- Atlético Madrid shock Barcelona in Spanich Super Cup with 3-2 win. [The Guardian]
- Wolverhampton's Patrick Cutrone looks certain to return to Italy after 6 months. [Sky Sports]
- West Ham United legend Joe Cole could return to the club to help manage. [Super Sport]
- Chelsea's Olivier Giroud reportedly agrees terms with Inter. [Football Italia]