Milan haven't won a game in Turin since 2012 against neither Juveuntus nor Torino. Giampaolo has never beaten Walter Mazzarri in his time in Serie A. Neither of the curses were overcome by Milan on Thursday night as they lost 2-1 with a late brace from Andrea Belotti.
Belotti blasts Torino back on to level terms with just under 20 minutes to go against Milan!— Premier Sports (@PremierSportsTV) September 26, 2019
The Torino No. 9⃣'s third league goal of the season makes it 1-1 pic.twitter.com/NqUvWgioiR
Milan took the lead in the first half with a Piatek penalty but then failed to capitalise on a number of occasions. Torino hit back hard after the 70th minute and demonstrated the importance of putting games to bed. Giampaolo's side did much better with the new signings but mental fragility lost the tie.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Andrea Belotti's brace sinks Milan in Torino. [Football Italia]
- Giampaolo sees 'Best Milan of the season’ last night. [Sky Italia]
- An overview of AC Milan's options for the Nuovo Stadio Milano. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan rejected the chance to sign Chelsea star Tammy Abraham this summer. [The Sun]
- Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso strongly condemns racist cheers against Dalbert. [Viola Nation]
World Football Links
- Barcelona have been fined only £265 after being found guilty of tapping up Antoine Griezmann. [Sky Sports]
- Controversy in voting for FIFA's 'The Best’ awards. [BBC]
- Alcohol to be subsidised and more available at Qatar World Cup in 2022. [The Guardian]
- Neymar has had a busy year or so on the legal front. [Super Sport]
- Sevilla throw away 2 goal lead to lose 3-2 against Eibar. [Sports Illustrated]