AC Milan managed only a single shot on goal in the derby against Inter. Giampaolo's side have only scored two goals in the past four games while conceding three. The side has only recorded 9 shots on goal this season while losing twice.
Giampaolo's Milan had 9 shots on target in the first four Serie A games (0 against Udinese, 4 against Brescia, 4 against Hellas and 1 in the Derby). Conte's Inter had 7 shots on target against Milan tonight. pic.twitter.com/7gg0N8d01l— Meytar Zeevi (@RossoneriBlog) September 21, 2019
An overhaul of the tactical system and the line-up is necessary to give Milan the tools they need to create offensively. Piatek has been starved of service although he has been abysmal either way while Suso has been off as usual. Milan cannot compete for a top 4 or even a top 6 finish if they average 0.5 goals per game.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- 11 Things from the Derby. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossonere beat Orobica 4-1 in another strong display. [AC Milan]
- Inter Milan's Antonio Conte outclassed Marco Giampaolo in the derby. [Sempre Inter]
- Francesco Caputo scores a brace a Sassuolo beat SPAL. [Football Italia]
- Is Juventus’ fragile backline a major concern? [Forza Italian Football]
World Football Links
- English Premier League round-up for Sunday. [BBC]
- Paul Pogba is at Manchester United for the long haul, says manager. [The Guardian]
- Meet the player swapping Oxford United for Kashmir on loan for peace. [The Guardian]
- Kasper Dolberg nets his first goal for Nice. [Super Sport]
- Iran assures women can attend World Cup qualifier. [Al Jazeera]