Milan will be facing an in-form Inter on Saturday. Inter Milan currently sit on top of the Serie A table with 3 wins while Milan sit in seventh with 2 wins and a loss thus far. The referees for the game have been announced and Milan have Daniele Doveri who is a controversial figure for the club. On one hand, he has officiated majorly over Milan victories but he does have a habit of booking quite a bit. Football Italia point out that Doveri has officiated 12 Milan wins and 1 defeat whilst only 4 Inter wins.
The referees for #SerieA Week 4 are announced as Daniele Doveri will officiate the derby between #ACMilan & #Inter https://t.co/LL6ilbm6kp #FCIM #MilanInter #DerbyMilano pic.twitter.com/5VkJf71G6Y— footballitalia (@footballitalia) September 19, 2019
There are still numerous conflicting reports over Milan's starting line-ups and formations but it looks to be a difficult test for the new manager.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- A deep dive into the Derby on the new episode of Devil Wears Rossonero podcast. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan will look to pay off new stadium in 32 years after moving ahead with plans. [Sempre Milan]
- Donnarumma reminisces on his first derby victory and reflects on what went wrong last season. [Calcio Mercato]
- AS Roma destroy Istanbul Basaksehir 4-0 in their opener. [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- Lazio break down and lose their opening Europa League game against Cluj. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Arsenal's academy recruits shine against Eintracht Frankfurt. [BBC]
- Zinedine Zidane under pressure after Real Madrid's loss to PSG. [Sky Sports]
- Callum Hudson-Odoi signs new 5 year deal with Chelsea. [The Guardian]
- The story of the first female refereeing team to manage a major European men's final. [CNN]
- Could the MLS and Liga MX merge in the future? [ESPN]