Football Italia are reporting that Milan and Inter are moving ahead with their plans for a new stadium. The outlet suggests that the Milan clubs are approaching Populous - an American architecture firm - whose portfolio includes Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium and Benfica’s Estadio da Luz.
The new stadium is reportedly to seat 60,000 and will cost an estimated 605 million to construct.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- AC Milan present the Milan Femmenile squad for 2019/20 at the Banco BPM. [AC Milan]
- Read a review of the Rossoneri performances during the international break. [AC Milan Offside]
- New details emerge of Inter and Milan's prospective stadium. [Football Italia]
- Carlo Ancelotti rails at Napoli for the unfinished dressing rooms at the San Paolo in the build up to their first home game. [The Guardian]
- Fiorentina's new owner Rocco Commisso is still waiting on his first victory but this weekend La Viola take on Juventus. [Reuters]
World Football Links
- Ronaldinho is set to come out from retirement for Colombian side Santa Fe. [The Independent]
- The Chief of Referees in the English Premier League has admitted that VAR has made 4 mistakes thus far this season. [Sky Sports]
- Gareth Southgate concerned about racism when England play Bulgaria away following racist abuse being directed at Raheem Sterling by Bulgarian fans at Wembley. [SuperSport]
- Samuel Eto’o feels that Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane cannot win the Balon d’Or because African players are not respected. [Goal]
- FIFA 20 demo is out now featuring Volta mode. [Playstation]