Football Italia are reporting that Stefano Pioli is planning to switch up the attacking trident against Bologna this weekend. AC Milan's no. 9 Piatek has been extremely disappointing this season only managing 1 goal from open play and it looks likely for new signing Rafael Leao will replace him at the helm of the attack.
#ACMilan could be planning changes as they visit Bologna on Sunday evening, as Rafael Leao was tested in place of Krzysztof Piatek. https://t.co/xjtIDiXG7N #BolognaMilan #SerieA pic.twitter.com/KAp1HtoNCw— footballitalia (@footballitalia) December 5, 2019
Leao had a bright start with Milan scoring a beauty against Fiorentina in a 3-1 loss but seems to be struggling under the pressure. The Portugal U-21 international has looked more fluid than Leao and seems like he can have more of an impact than the Poland international.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic makes an announcement pointing to Italy return. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 5: Alessandro Costacurta [AC Milan Offside]
- Parma beat Frosinone 2-1 in the Coppa Italia to set up AS Roma showdown. [Football Italia]
- Cagliari beat Sampdoria for second time this week to earn Inter Milan face off. [Sky Italia]
- Napoli's Koulibaly and Milan's Bennacer up for African Player of the Year. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Everton sack Marcos Silva after derby loss to Liverpool 5-2. [The Guardian]
- Arsenal beaten at home by Brighton 2-1 as Unai Emery gets closer to sack. [Sky Sports]
- Newcastle United continue good form with 2-0 win over Sheffield United . [BBC]
- Real Madrid dealt blow as Eden Hazard injury rules him out of Clasico with Barcelona. [Super Sport]
- Manchester United and Manchester City head into derby with renewed confidence. [Super Sport]