SPAL disposed of Lecce with relative ease in the Coppa Italia today with a massive 5-1 win. This means AC Milan will face SPAL in the round of 16 of the Cup. The match is scheduled for either the 15th or 22nd of January to set up tricky weeks for Milan as they will face Cagliari on the 12th, Udinese on the 19th and Brescia on the 26th in the league.
AC Milan VS SPAL (Coppa Italia)— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) December 4, 2019
Round of 16 on the 15th or 22nd of January. pic.twitter.com/RAGed8erKQ
SPAL have already lost to Milan this season in the league as Suso scored the winner from brilliant free kick but Milan did not look entirely convincing at the time. SPAL currently sit in the relegation zone on the Serie A but have the ability for huge upsets as evidenced by their wins over Lazio and Parma as well as a draw with Napoli.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- 9 Things from Milan's 1-0 win over Parma away. [AC Milan Offside]
- A review of AC Milan Womens 2-1 loss to Florentia. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 4: Kakha Kaladze. [AC Milan Offside]
- Germany international Khedira out of Juventus for three months with injury. [Football Italia]
- Sassuolo and Bologna kicked of the Coppa Italia. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Leicester City beat Watford 2-0 to go 2nd in the Premier League. [Sky Sports]
- Bitter return for Jose Mourinho as Tottenham Hotspur travelled to Manchester United to lose. [The Guardian]
- Liverpool rip apart Everton in 5-2 Merseyside Derby win. [BBC]
- Australia draw Argentina for Copa America while Qatar get Brazil and Colombia for 2020. [Super Sport]
- UEFA President hits out at PM Boris Johnson over racism. [CNN]