According to the British outlet The Telegraph, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has accepted a move back to AC Milan declining offers from clubs in the UK such as Manchester United. The former Sweden striker just completed a two year contract with LA Galaxy in the US after scoring 52 goals in 56 games. Milan have been pursuing the striker after the failure of Piatek and Leao in front of goal this season, the striker is expected to join on an initial six month deal.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic agrees to rejoin AC Milan after rejecting chance to return to Premier League | @mcgrathmike https://t.co/qWVEzP1B7V— Telegraph Football (@TeleFootball) December 2, 2019
Ibrahimovic will join Milan on a bosman but will likely receive a huge contract based off all the rumours in circulation recently. The striker will likely earn anywhere between €5 and €10 million for the short stint with potential for renewal.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings for Milan's 1-0 win over Parma. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan release limited edition 120 years commemorative jersey. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Day 1: Sebastiano Rossi. [AC Milan Offside]
- Cagliari fight back to beat Sampdoria 4-3 in huge showdown. [Sky Italia]
- Brescia fire Fabio Grosso and rehire Corini after three games. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Barcelona super star Lionel Messi wins 6th Men’s Ballon d’Or. [France Football]
- United States Megan Rapinoe wins Women's Ballon d’Or. [Sky Sports]
- Liverpool draw Everton for FA Cup Merseyside derby in round three. [The Guardian]
- England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland to launch joint 2030 World Cup bid. [Super Sport]
- Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers rubbishes rumours of Arsenal swap. [BBC]