Sky are reporting via SempreMilan that AC Milan are entering the bidding for Celta Vigo's star midfielder Stanislav Lobotka. The 25 year old Slovakia international has impressed this season as a central defensive midfielder and could play a similar role for the Rossoneri allowing the transformation of Ismael Bennacer into a mezzalla.
Milan are following Celta Vigo midfielder Stanislav Lobotka but they are behind the race as Napoli have already formulated a €18-20M offer. Celta want €25M. Milan for now are considering a loan with obligation to buy deal formula and haven’t held contacts with Celta yet [Sky] pic.twitter.com/JhPvycumv9— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) December 28, 2019
The midfielder is valued at €25 million by his club but the Rossoneri are looking to spend in the region of €18-20 million. He does have a €50 million release clause in place. The report states that Milan will look to get a loan with an obligation to buy.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic officially joins Milan on a six month deal. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 28: Giacomo Bonaventura [AC Milan Offside]
- Genoa appoint Davide Nicola as new manager after Thiago Motta is fired. [Football Italia]
- Former AS Roma and Fiorentina striker Osvaldo is coming out of retirement. [Football Italia]
- Inter Milan close to agreement with Barcelona midfielder Arturo Vidal for January. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- West Ham sack Manuel Pellegrini after poor string of results. [The Guardian]
- AS Monaco sack Leonardo Jardim and hire Robert Moreno to rebuild. [Sky Sports]
- Have Liverpool locked away the Premier League as Manchester City and Leicester City slip up? [CNN]
- Everton beat Newcastle United as Carlo Ancelotti gets to winning. [BBC]
- Norwich City hold Tottenham Hotspur in four goal thriller. [Super Sport]