AC Milan were humiliated by Atalanta in the league with a 5-0 beat down away from home. Milan faced their worst defeat in 21 years and get tossed back down to 11th place in the league. Milan are likely to finish the season out of European places altogether given the terrible form and the persistent lethargy amongst the squad.
AC Milan have suffered their biggest defeat in all competitions in 21 years.— Squawka Football (@Squawka) December 22, 2019
A dominating performance from Atalanta. pic.twitter.com/1QrEly6PUS
Goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma was in tears after the game as he was faced his biggest defeat in red and black despite playing some tough years thus far. Milan capped off the decade aptly as it has all been gloom and despair since the end of the 2012-13 season.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan considered Gabbia or Caldara ahead of Musacchio. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 22: Kaka [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio beat Juventus to lift the SuperCoppa Italiana in Saudi Arabia 3-1. [Football Italia]
- Napoli comeback to beat Sassuolo 2-1 as Gennaro Gattuso gets first win. [Sky Italia]
- Bologna beat Lecce 3-2 in shootout fixture with additional time winner. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Chelsea beats Tottenham Hotspur 2-0 as Frank Lampard schools Jose Mourinho . [Sky Sports]
- Manchester United stunned by relegation Watford in 2-0 loss. [The Guardian]
- Carlo Ancelotti takes over at Everton and targets Champions League football. [BBC]
- Real Madrid draw while Atlético Madrid win in La Liga. [Super Sport]
- Paderborn and Fortuna Dusseldorf pick up key wins into relegation battle. [Super Sport]