Sky Italia via Calcio Mercato are reporting that AC Milan's midfielder Ismael Bennacer will likely swap his regista role to become a mezzalla in January. The club is looking to capitalise of the Algeria international's knack for holding the ball and passing to better use higher up the pitch. The report suggests Milan will enter the market for a central defensive midfielder.
Ismael Bennacer dribbled the ball from his own half, went round the goalkeeper but then missed an open goal in Serie A this afternoon. pic.twitter.com/Lrsrne8wpd— DZ Football (@DZFootball_en) December 15, 2019
The Algeria international made a brilliant interception against Sssuolo this weekend near the halfway line but failed to make it count by taking a silly shot at an open goal that was intercepted.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 16: Marco van Basten [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 17: Dario Simic [AC Milan Offside]
- Incredible Lazio comeback win sinks Cagliari through Caicedo winner. [Football Italia]
- Serie A CEO apologises for monkey design for anti-racism initiative. [Football Italia]
- Coca Cola buy the naming rights to the SuperCoppa ahead of Juventus - Lazio. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- Aston Villa beat Liverpool's reserves in the Carabao Cup 5-0. [The Guardian]
- Borussia Dortmund draw 3-3 with RB Leipzig as title race heats up. [Sky Sports]
- Manchester City anxious over Arteta's decision to take over at Arsenal as manager. [BBC]
- Have a look at the Champions League draw for the round of 16. [France24]
- Qatar gearing up for the FIFA Club World Cup as Al Hilal kicked out by Flamengo. [CNN]