Gazzetta dello Sport via MilanNews.it are reporting that Steafno Pioli is looking to switch AC Milan from a 4-3-3 to a 3-4-1-2 to accomodate Zlatan Ibrahimovic alongside either Piatek or Leao after the January transfer window. It is widely expected that the Sweden international will be unveiled as a Milan player this weekend against Sassuolo or soon after.
GdS: Pioli may consider 3-4-1-2 to accommodate Ibrahimovic-Piatek pairinghttps://t.co/ZEpaNJoM1c— SempreMilan (@SempreMilanCom) December 10, 2019
The switch will also push wing backs Theo and Conti further forward whilst relying on the centre backs to cover the defensive duties given the error prone displays of the wing backs throughout the season. Milan will definitely need a reinforcement or two at CB if a back three looks to be the way forward.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- AC Milan in talks for France and Barcelona centre back Todibo. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 10: Ruud Gullit [AC Milan Offside]
- Inter Milan dumped out of the Champions League by Barcelona in 2-1 loss. [Sky Italia]
- Napoli fire Carlo Ancelotti despite 4-0 victory over Genk and qualification. [Football Italia]
- Gennaro Gattuso will takeover at Napoli despite Genoa interest. [Di Marzio]
World Football Links
- Chelsea beat Lille 2-1 to book their place in the round of 16. [The Guardian]
- Liverpool break RB Salzburg hearts to end promising campaign from Austria . [CNN]
- Valencia stun Ajax and Lyon pip Benfica to qualify. [Sky Sports]
- Borussia Dortmund beat Slavia Prague 2-1 to escape group of death. [BBC]
- Leeds United win streak takes them back to the top of the Championship . [Super Sport]