Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that former AC Milan manager Gennaro Gattuso who was replaced over the summer is leading the line to replace another former Milan manager Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli. The club has struggled and performed their worst in the league after a few years keeping pace with Juventus and Roma as the top 3 fixture in the Serie A.
Gattuso was released by Milan in the summer to make way for Marco Giampaolo who was then fired after just seven games. The former Milan midfielder and manager will be taking on a huge job with Napoli but looks up to the task after his two impressive season at the San Siro.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Player Ratings from Milan's 3-2 win over Bologna away from home. [AC Milan Offside]
- Rossoneri Advent Calendar Day 9: Filippo Inzaghi [AC Milan Offside]
- Napoli pair return to face Genk in the Champions League . [Football Italia]
- Barcelona will reportedly be without Messie for Inter Milan game. [Football Italia]
- Italy will play England in March 2020 before Euros. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- Liverpool look forward to RB Salzburg match to qualify for next round. [BBC]
- Arsenal dispose of dismal West Ham in the Premier League. [The Guardian]
- Wada ban raises questions over Russia and the World Cup . [Super Sport]
- Newcastle United attempting to sell out tickets for rest of season. [Sky Sports]
- Real Madrid's Karim Benzema may face criminal trial. [France24]