A report from ANSA via Football Italia is reporting that the FIGC is applying for Serie A clubs to be able to make five substitutions per game. The top tier in Italy currently allows for three out of twelve substitutes to be brought into the game however the Serie C and D allow for five. The move would be the first of it's kind in top tier European football.
The #FIGC applies for #SerieA clubs to be awarded five substitutions in matches https://t.co/u6f9PilxXJ #IFAB pic.twitter.com/euVH7Yi2fE— footballitalia (@footballitalia) November 5, 2019
The application has been made to International Football Association Board (IFAB) not FIFA as they former are the relevant governing body for the rules in question.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- 9 Things from AC Milan's loss to Lazio. [AC Milan Offside]
- Fabio Capello blasts Milan over their historic loss at the San Siro. [AC Milan Offside]
- Inter Milan blow 2-0 to loss against Borussia Dortmund. [Football Italia]
- Napoli meagerly draw against Salzburg to keep their second place. [Sky Italia]
- Juventus set to rotate a centre-back in the Champions League tomorrow. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- Liverpool coast to another victory beating Genk 2-1. [The Guardian]
- Chelsea make an amazing comeback against Ajax for a thrilling 4-4 draw. [CNN]
- Valencia leave it late to obliterate Lille 4-1. [Super Sport]
- Barcelona held to a 0-0 by Slavia Prague at home. [Sky Sports]
- Granit Xhaka has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy. [BBC]