AC Milan Official Site have announced that Leo Duarte - the newly signed centre-back from Flamengo - has undergone surgery on his heel after picking up an injury a few weeks ago. The player will be sidelined for 3 to 4 months. Duarte had just begun to establish himself in the first team starting a number of games in a row initially at right back before replacing Musacchio at the centre back.
Leo Duarte is set to miss 3-4 months after getting injured in his achilles tendon pic.twitter.com/p5bJqCfxAy— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) November 28, 2019
Milan are now spread thin defensively as they lack any back up centre backs. Muscchio will likely return to pair Romagnoli for the rest of the season while Caldara recovers and attempts to gather some game time. Matteo Gabbia will likely receive more call ups to the bench or Rodriguez may fill in as a stop gap centre back.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan and Italy goalkeeper Donnarumma wins the Italian Golden Boy Award. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan Women vs Florentia preview. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio's Correa comes up clutch again in 1-0 win over Cluj. [Sky Italia]
- AS Roma silence Istanbul Basaksehir in Turkey with 3-0 win. [Football Italia]
- Serie A clubs sign open letter condemning racism. [ESPN]
World Football Links
- Arsenal fire coach Unai Emery after loss to Eintracht Frankfurt in UEL. [The Guardian]
- Manchester United field youth players and lose 2-1 to Astana. [Sky Sports]
- Borussia Mönchengladbach pip Wolfberger 1-0 to go top of group. [BM]
- FIFA's Infantino wants to set up an African Champions League with $1 billion investment. [Super Sport]
- Rafael Benitez is off to a rough start in China with only one win in the past nine. [Super Sport]