Football Italia fumbled a story yesterday where they quoted a seemingly fake twitter account as the real account for the former AC Milan President Li Yonghong. The outlet covered the series of tweets as fact but the account named @YonghongLi69 only has about 52 followers and has not indication of being real.
(7/8) I had clear plans for the future. But plans were dismantled, and I was suddenly no longer the owner of my beloved #ACMilan. @acmilan #milanista— Yonghong Li (@YonghongLi69) November 19, 2019
Milan fans are still reeling at the crazy spending under the clubs’ Chinese era where Fassone and Mirabelli spent over $250 million in a single summer.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan looking to sign PSV Eindhoven maverick midfielder. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan pursuing Argentina U-20 ace from San Lorenzo. [AC Milan Offside]
- Sassuolo dealt blow, Gregoire Defrel picked up an ankle injury. [Football Italia]
- AS Roma are having investment talks with American firms. [Football Italia]
- Milik set to miss Napoli's trip to Milan over injury. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- Real Madrid's Gareth Bale mocks club situation with message on Wales flag. [BBC]
- Germany destroy Northern Ireland 6-1 as Gnabry scores a hat trick. [The Guardian]
- Tottenham Hotspur sign Jose Mourinho to replace Pochettino as manager. [Sky Sports]
- Egypt and Ivory Coast secure places at 2020 Tokyo Olympics. [Super Sport]
- MLS and Liga MX stars to face off in an all star game. [Goal]