According to Sport Business, AC Milan have appointed Maikel Oettle, a sponsorship executive, to be the club's Head of Sponsorship Sales. Oettle was the VP of Strategic Partnerships at IMG, where his responsibilities included commercial strategy for the Euroleague Basketball joint venture.
As we reported last month, Milan's commercial revenues have fallen significantly since the takeover by Li Yonghong and even further under Elliot. The club posted record losses this year and their commercial revenues especially from sponsorship have taken some of the biggest hits.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan Player Ratings: Milan 1-0 SPAL. [AC Milan Offside]
- Anteprima: Previewing the game between the women of Milan and Fiorentina. [AC Milan Offside]
- Stefano Pioli Praises Milan’s Spirit In Close Win Over SPAL. [AC Milan Offside]
- Seni in and Asamoah out of squad for Inter Milan's trip to Bologna. [Football Italia]
- Udinese fire their head coach Tudor. [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- PSG stunned by relegation placed Dijon as Mbappe strike not enough. [BBC]
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola echoes Klopp's complaint over schedule. [Super Sport]
- Liverpool suspend a fan over offensive Origi banner. [Sky Sports]
- Hoffenheim beat Paderborn 3-0 as Locadia, Skov and Kaderabek net. [Fox Sports]
- Sevilla vs Atlético Madrid preview. [Into the Calderon]