AC Milan took on SPAL at home and finally won under their new manager. Spain international Suso came off the bench and scored a 63rd minute free kick that made the difference at the San Siro. Milan played a pretty average game otherwise with the likes of Paqueta, Kessie and Bennacer putting in aggressively mediocre shifts.
Gianluigi Donnarumma was a big winner as he finally got a much deserved clean sheet and held down the fort with relative ease. Milan take on Lazio next and will need a miracle to pull off another runaway victory.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Stefano Pioli is testing out a three man defence for AC Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Maldini scores a brace for the Primavera against Spezia. [AC Milan Offside]
- Galliani baffled why Fiorentina's Commisso Milan purchase fell through. [Football Italia]
- Udinese tell manager to win against Genoa or he'll face the sack. [Calcio Mercato]
- Manchester United loanee Smalling tearing it up for AS Roma. [Goal]
World Football Links
- Liverpool manager Klopp fuming over packed fixture list. [BBC]
- The tale of two managers in Real Betis vs Celta Vigo. [The Guardian]
- Granada's winning form halted by Getafe in 3-1 loss. [Super Sport]
- Arsenal captain Xhaka comments on row with fans. [TalkSport]
- Leicester City have a new cult hero in Soyuncu. [Sky Sports]