Football Italia are reporting that Milan have stalled in their negotiations with Luciano Spalletti as the former Inter Milan and AS Roma manager has been unable to resolve the issue of his severance pay from the Nerrazzuri. The manager is still being pursued but may be dropped by Milan given the urgency of the situation to replace Marco Giampaolo.
To join Milan Spalletti asked for €10M gross from Inter. Inter offered €3-4M with Milan that should've filled the gap but it's too much. Milan set up meeting with Pioli tomorrow. We'll see if something changes during the night but there are no signs [Di Marzio]— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) October 7, 2019
Gianluca di Marzio is reporting that Milan will now accelerate talks with Stefano Pioli - the former Fiorentina and Lazio manager - to take over the role. Pioli is also a target for Genoa and Sampdoria at the moment. Tomorrow will be a decisive day for Milan.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Our Player Ratings from AC Milan vs Genoa. [AC Milan Offside]
- A Tactical Review of Milan’s 2-1 win at the Marassi. [AC Milan Offside]
- Luciano Spalletti reportedly says yes to Milan manager job. [AC Milan Offside]
- Eusebio di Franceso has been fired by Sampdoria. [Football Italia]
- An exclusive interview with Fiorentina’s Rocco Commisso. [Viola Nation]
World Football Links
- Tottenham’s Hugo Lloris out until 2020 with dislocated elbow. [BBC]
- Ten talking points from the Premier League weekend. [The Guardian]
- Los Angeles Football Club’s Carlos Vela sets MLS record with 34 goals in the league. [Super Sport]
- Aston Villa disgusted by racist abuse against Norwich City. [Sky Sports]
- Italy looking to persuade Arsenal’s Martinelli to represent them over Brazil. [Daily Mail]