Milan beat Genoa at the Marassi 2-1 in a thrilling encounter - for all the wrong reasons. The game had 4 red cards, 3 goals, 2 penalties and 1 standout in Pepe Reina. The Spanish goalkeeper replaced Ginaluigi Donnarumma at the last minute and has a hell of a game. Reina conceded after a horrendous error saw him blindly let in Lasse Schone’s free kick that literally went straight at him. However, in the additional time Reina saved a penalty from Schone after conceding it by fouling Kouame.
Milan were lucky to steal 3 points tonight as Giampaolo scrambled at half time to recover from Genoa’s shocking lead. The substitutions of Calhanolgu and Piatek for Paqueta and Leao made all the difference as the former grabbed an assist and the latter won a penalty gifting Milan their first victory after three consecutive losses.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Our case for Giampaolo staying at AC Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Our case for Giampaolo getting fired from Milan. [AC Milan Offside]
- Sampdoria at the bottom of the table with another loss to Hellas Verona. [Sky Italia]
- SPAL beat Parma with Andrea Petagna winner. [Football Italia]
- Marco Giampaolo ‘Milan showed character.’ [Sempre Milan]
World Football Links
- Liverpool beat Leicester City late to maintain their winning streak. [BBC]
- Real Madrid run riot as Eden Hazard scores his debut goal. [The Guardian]
- Mauro Icardi scores his first league goal for PSG in 4-0 win. [Super Sport]
- Tottenham stunned 3-0 by Brighton as Hugo Lloris gets injured. [Sky Sports]
- Bayern Munich fall 2-1 to Hoffenheim for first loss of the season. [90min]