Football Italia are reporting that the City Council of Milan have voted to protect the San Siro from demolition whilst simultaneously giving an ‘ok’ to Milan for the construction of their new stadium. The San Siro is set to host the 2026 Winter Olympics but the use of the stadium thereafter is not known.
The City council of Milan have given Milan and Inter the green light to go ahead with the new stadium project but committed the municipality to avoid the demolition of the San Siro pic.twitter.com/8AVcVkgNl6— Milan Eye (@MilanEye) October 28, 2019
This is a major step forward for the two Milanese clubs and signals the next steps for the council which is to scrutinise the project and get the wheels turning on this.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Our player ratings from AC Milan 2-1 loss to AS Roma. [AC Milan Offside]
- PSG strongly considering to make Inter Milan's Icardi move permanent. [Calcio Mercato]
- Fiorentina lose star man Franck Ribery for three games after suspension. [Football Italia]
- Atalanta win the youth Super Coppa. [Football Italia]
- Steven Zhang says Suning have doubled Inter's revenue. [GIFN]
World Football Links
- Jaap Stam steps down as Feyenoord coach. [BBC]
- Liverpool's James Milner is not a fan of VAR. [The Guardian]
- Recap of the La Liga weekend where Barcelona and Real Madrid didn't feature. [Super Sport]
- Arsenal's captain swears at fans as he is booed of the pitch. [CNN]
- Vlatko Andonovski appointed United States Women’s head coach. [Sky Sports]