AC Milan are heading into a difficult tie against AS Roma who have drawn their last four games in a row in all competitions. There are two worrying defensive statistics that Milan should look to improve on in the game if they hope to win. Firstly, Milan have conceded the most penalties than any other team in the league this season. Secondly, Milan have picked up the most red cards of any side in the league this season as well. These factors have led to dropped points for the Rossoneri and cannot be repeated.
No team have conceded more penalties than AC Milan in Serie A this season— Goal (@goal) October 21, 2019
But Gianluigi Donnarumma has saved three of the last four penalties he's faced pic.twitter.com/ghDV4iJ0Lq
Milan have conceded 11 goals in their opening 8 eight games and have only managed to score 8 goals - of which 3 have been penalties. Milan have a very difficult run of games coming up thus need to capitalise by beating Roma who have an average run of form.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan municipality blocking the demolition of the San Siro. [AC Milan Offside]
- Leaked: AC Milan will get a special edition Puma x BALR jersey in 2020/21. [AC Milan Offside]
- Lazio fail again in the Europa League with 2-1 loss to Celtic. [Sky Italia]
- AS Roma unlucky to draw with Borussia Mönchengladbach with last minute penalty. [Football Italia]
- Could Los Angeles Galaxy Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic join Inter Milan? [Calcio Mercato]
World Football Links
- New Ivory Coast signing Pepe saves Arsenal with a brace from free kicks. [Sky Sports]
- Manchester United just about win Belgrade with Martial penalty. [The Guardian]
- Sevilla run rampant in 3-0 win over Dudelange as Vazquez scores two. [AS]
- China to host the first extended FIFA Club World Cup in 2021. [BBC]
- Germany boss Loew will not recall Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels. [Super Sport]