Nico Schira is reporting that Milan have no intention of renewing the contract of their veteran regista Lucas Biglia. The former Lazio midfielder has played on and off over the past two seasons and is currently fighting Bennacer for the starting spot. He was signed in Milan's Chinese era on a summer spending spree of Mirabelli. He has a salary of 3.5 million net plus bonuses. His contract expires in June at the end of the season.
Nonostante gli approcci recenti del suo agente, il #Milan non è intenzionato a rinnovare il contratto di Lucas #Biglia (3,5 mln netti a stagione+premi) in scadenza a giugno. Idea è di continuare con la politica impostata la scorsa stagione con Abate e Zapata e separarsi in estate— Nicolò Schira (@NicoSchira) October 17, 2019
Milan's current management is strictly adhering to the policy of cutting dead weight and shaving off the wage bill as evidenced by the lack of renewals for Montolivo, Mauri, Bertolacci, Abate and Zapata.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Milan have reportedly agreed personal terms with Juventus’ Mandzukic. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan record their highest losses ever in 2018/19. [AC Milan Offside]
- Gennaro Gattuso apparently requested for Franck Ribery when he was manager. [Football Italia]
- Atalanta will go for broke against Manchester City according to Gasperini. [Calcio Mercato]
- AS Roma's Fonseca has his suspension reduced to one game. [Sky Italia]
World Football Links
- Liverpool vs Leicester City on boxing day moved to 20:00 for Amazon stream. [BBC]
- Manchester United recruitment has been dysfunctional, says Woodward. [The Guardian]
- Chelsea’s Frank Lampard calls for the abandonment of Champions League reform. [Super Sport]
- Gareth Bale urged to switch from Real Madrid to Tottenham Hotspur. [Goal]
- PSG's Edinson Cavani reportedly says yes to Atlético Madrid. [Calcio Mercato]