Stefano Pioli is reportedly settled on a 4-3-3 for the game against Lecce and is keen on playing Suso and Rebic on the wings. this means that Leao and Piatek will be battling out for the starting striker spot. Pioli spoke highly of both attackers in his press conference and will be looking to take advantage of Leao's form whilst also rediscovering Piatek's form.
Piatek has two goals this season from the penalty spot but has been rather underwhelming as he has struggled to support the team during the games. Leao has contrastingly been a breath of fresh air adding pace and life into the attack scoring one sublime goal and winning a penalty thus far.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- A review of the Rossoneri performances over the international break. [AC Milan Offside]
- A Case for Believing in the Current Management. [AC Milan Offside]
- Theo Hernandez says AC Milan can challenge for 4th. [Football Italia]
- Puma may release Milan blue kit next season. [Calcio Mercato]
- Lazio handed partial stadium ban in the Europa League. [GIFN]
World Football Links
- La Liga ask for Barcelona vs Real Madrid to be moved from the Camp Nou. [BBC]
- Paul Pogba and David de Gea set to miss Manchester United vs Liverpool. [The Guardian]
- Lionel Messi wins sixth golden shoe award. [Super Sport]
- Bulgaria FA President resigns over racism row with England. [Sky Sports]
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero involved in a car accident but is safe. [Goal]