AC Milan got off to their ‘first’ game under Stefano Pioli in a friendly match against the Primavera side. Most of Milan’s starting eleven are out on international duty however Pioli had a significant core at his disposal. The squad managed to beat the youngsters 4-1 as young midfielder Marco Brescianini impressed with a hat-trick.
Fabio Borini also managed to get on the scoresheet as he tends to do in off season friendlies. Bonaventura, Hernandez and Biglia featured prominently in the session. Maldini and Massara observed the training match.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- AC Milan held a meeting with German Agency SPOCS for three possible signings. [AC Milan Offside]
- 4 Facts about AC Milan Women vs Inter Milan Women. [AC Milan]
- Gianluigi Donnarumma keeps a clean sheet as Italy secure Euro 2020 qualification against Greece. [Sky Italia]
- Milan reportedly targeting Ivory Coast right back Serge Aurier for January. [Forza Italian Football]
- Claudio Ranieri officially announced as the new manager for last placed Sampdoria. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to have Sporting Clube de Portugal stadium renamed after him following his retirement. [AS English]
- Sergio Ramos breaks Spain appearances record over Iker Casillas. [BBC]
- Republic of Ireland held to a draw by Georgia. [The Guardian]
- Colombia and Chile draw as Cuadrado pulls up with an injury. [Goal]
- FIFA bans Afghan football official over sexual abuse scandal. [Al Jazeera]