Milan's former President Yonghong Li is back in the spotlight as Milan's Public Prosecutor's Office reach out to Chinese judicial authorities to investigate his purchase of Milan in 2017 per Calcio Mercato. Li has been accused of false accounting and the focus of the investigation is to find the source of the money for the purchase.
Milan made a loss of €126m in their one and only year under the ownership of Li Yonghong.— TeamMilanAC (@TeamMilanAC) October 12, 2018
The balance sheet, which must be approved by Elliott Management during the Rossoneri’s shareholder meeting on October 25, is the first and last of the Li era. pic.twitter.com/eiTVWFOb2B
ANSA via Planeta Milan recall the investigations into Li began over a year ago over 'suspicious transactions.’ The South China Morning Post reported that Li was blacklisted by a Chinese court last year as he was unable to pay debt owed to domestic Chinese firms and he was found to own no significant aseets to be able to cover this. The biggest question mark therefore falls on Silvio Berlusconi and Adriano Galliani who sold Milan to Li despite other existing offers given the opaqueness of his finances and his lack of reputation.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Hakan Calhanoglu is being pursued by Torino. [AC Milan Offside]
- AC Milan management make a mess with their PR. [AC Milan Offside]
- A look at Milan's second day training under Pioli. [Calcio Mercato]
- Cesare Prandelli praises Milan’s decision to pick Pioli and reflects on Giampaolo’s firing. [Rossoneri Blog]
- Gennaro Gattuso turns down the Sampdoria job. [Football Italia]
World Football Links
- Women attend first football game in Iran in decades as their side runs riot in 14-0 win. [BBC]
- Brazil and Senegal draw 1-1 as Neymar registers his 100th international cap. [Goal]
- Netherlands beat Northern Ireland with two last gasp goals after the 90th minute. [Sky Sports]
- Belgium run rampant in 9-0 over San Marino to sit atop their group.[Super Sport]
- Robert Lewandowski scores a hat-trick in Poland's 3-0 win over Latvia.