Mattia Caldara has returned to training at long last. The Italian centre-ack joined Milan at the start of last season from Juventus after an impressive season with Atalanta. The defender has faced multiple injuries since he joined being sidelined for months on end and only managing to play two games for Milan - a 1-0 win over Dudelange and a 1-0 loss to Lazio in the Coppa Italia.
Mattia Caldara returned to group training today after recovering from his injury. pic.twitter.com/gDmsdEMCWG— Meytar Zeevi (@RossoneriBlog) October 9, 2019
Stefano Pioli gave his first interview at his press conference today after signing his contract and looks to be ready for the challenge. Pioli was quick to praise Rafael Leao, Suso and Lucas Paqueta as players who have impressed him. He held his first training session with the team today.
AC Milan and Italian Football Links
- Official: AC Milan hire Stefano Pioli as their new manager. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan Ultras and Fans issue strong worded comments against the club management. [AC Milan Offside]
- Milan's Captain Romagnoli is considering signing on with Mino Raiola. [AC Milan Offside]
- Daniele Bonera remains as part of the Milan staff under Pioli. [Football Italia]
- Milan's squad send well wishes to Marco Giampaolo. [Sempre Milan]
World Football Links
- Juventus' midfielder Aaron Ramsey set to miss Wales vs. Slovakia. [BBC]
- 10 things to look out for in the Euro 2020 qualifying round. [The Guardian]
- Neymar set to play 100th game for Brazil. [Super Sport]
- Argentina draw in Germany 2-2 as Lucas Ocampos scores late equaliser. [Sky Sports]
- Wives of Wayne Rooney and Jamie Vardy in public spat. [CNN]