Happy Birthday Gigi!
#ACMilan XI: Donnarumma; Calabria, Bonucci, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu— AC Milan (@acmilan) February 25, 2018
Subs | Panchina: Donnarumma A., Guarnone, Abate, Gomez, Musacchio, Zapata, Locatelli, Mauri, Montolivo, Borini, Kalinic, André Silva#RomaMilan pic.twitter.com/05ukqrKmDh
Milan: Andrea Conti is still nursing that knee while Marco Storari will be missing in action yet again.
Roma: Maxime Gonalons & Rick Karsdorp
Form & Prediction
Anyone who has even casually following AC Milan since Christmas knows the kind of run Gennaro Gattuso’s Rossoneri are on at the moment. The attitude, the playstyle, the effort; it’s a completely different team than what we witnessed half a season ago. In this calendar year, Milan are undefeated, leaving a trail of destruction behind them across Italy, as well as Europe. Three months ago, if EUFA announced we would be playing Arsenal in Europa League, can you imagine the fan reaction? It would be pandemonium. Not today, however. Today, any challenge put in the way of Gattuso’s men is not only met head first, but welcomed eagerly.
Strange season for Roma in 2018. With losses against Juventus, Sampdoria, and Atalanta fresh in their minds, they will have to prove their recently improved form (ignoring a 2-1 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk) against a reinvigorated Milan. However, three victories in a row over lesser squads have seen Roma rocket back into third position.
Last Meeting: Roma 2-0 Milan
My Prediction: If we have any thoughts of Europe for next season, we need at least a draw here. Sure, there is plenty of football left to be played, but this match could be viewed as a thermometer test for Milan. How good is this streak we’re on? Roma might be the first real test over the last two months. Draw or win here, that growing fire that’s burning in Gattuso’s men turns into an autonomous furnace.
2-2 with goals from Giacomo Bonaventura and Suso.
Match Date, Time and Location
Sunday, February 18, 2:45 PM (ET), 7:45 p.m. (GMT)
Stadio Olimpico, Roma, Italy
Italy: Sky Sport 1, Sky Super Calcio and Sky Calcio 1
USA: BeIN Sports
Canada: Sportsnet World
Other countries can find their match listings at livesoccertv.com
Match thread rules
- The match thread rules are the same as always. To any visitors coming here for the first time, welcome! We’re glad you’re here! Wipe your feet, mind the gap, and be sure to check out the other pages at this outstanding site. While you’re here, though, we have a few rules and regulations.
- Absolutely no links to illegal streams. They’re bad and they get us in trouble. Violators will be warned or banned.
- Please, no discussions of politics in the comments.
- We have rules against “relentless negativity.” Don’t knee-jerk and post outlandish or hurtful things just because you’re frustrated.
- Along those lines, please do not abuse match officials. It’s fine to say “wow, that’s a bad call, match official,” but it’s NOT okay to direct copious amounts of abuse in the direction of said official over a call you did not like.
- Treat other people in the match thread the way you would want someone else to treat your grandmother. Be nice. Observe Wheaton’s Law. This is a community of fans, not an un-moderated message board.
Finally, language that is sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature will be swiftly deleted and you will be immediately banned. This is an open, supportive community. Hate speech will not be tolerated.