Milan are looking to capitalise on their victory over Sampdoria by making it two consecutive wins this season when they take on Lazio at the San Siro. The red and black stumbled to victory over Sampdoria, with Bacca coming off the bench to score the winner in the 85th minute. Milan manager, Vincenzo Montella, had benched the Colombian striker after a poor outing against Udinese, and he didn’t take too kindly to the benching. Bacca stared down Montella all through his warmup before taking the field (finally) against Sampdoria. What Montella did, however, worked. Bacca showed the thirst and hunger that was missing in the Udinese game.
Lazio are sitting in 5th spot on the Serie A ladder and could temporarily climb to equal first with a win over the Rossoneri. Milan themselves are sitting in 11th spot, but could temporarily jump 3rd or 4th.
Australia - RAI International, beIN Sports Connect Australia, beIN SPORTS 3 Australia
Italy - PremiumSport HD, SKY Go Italia, Lazio Style Channel, Sky Calcio 1, Sky Sport 1 HD Italia
United States - beIN SPORTS Connect, RAI International
United Kingdom - BT Sports 2 (HD)
- Over the last 50 meetings between the 2, Milan have won 20, there were 20 draws and Lazio have 8 wins
- Bacca scored in both meetings between the two last season
- The Rossoneri haven’t lost to I Biancocelesti at the San Siro in the top-flight league since 1989
- They did, however, lose there in the Coppa Italia in 2014/15 (So, not all good news)
- Simone Inghazi is in charge of Lazio, he is the younger brother of former player and manager Filippo Inghazi!
Milan: Antonelli is still out after sustaining a head injury against Udinese. Kucka returns from suspension and will complete the midfield with Montolivo and Sosa.
Lazio: Lucas Biglia is out for Lazio, which is good news for Milan
Probable Milan XI (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Montolivo,Sosa, Niang, Suso, Bacca,
Probable Lazio XI (3-5-2): Marchetti; Radu, De Vrij, Bastos; Lulic, Milinkovic, Cataldi, Parolo, Basta; Immobile, Djordjevic
AC Milan 1 - 1 Lazio
2-1 to Milan (We’re feeling optimistic!)
Will the Rossoneri make it two in a row? Speak about the match in our comments section below!