Serie A action is back this weekend and AC Milan are off on an away trip to take on Chievo!
Prior to the international break, Milan played out a thrilling 4-3 affair against Sassuolo where they were down 3-1 until late in the second half, where Bacca, Locatelli and Paletta all scored to complete the comeback. The Rossoneri were hoping to continue their momentum, only to have the international break stop them yet again.
It’s 5th vs 6th this weekend, where Milan are sitting at 6th on 13 points. They could, however, jump to 3rd if results were to go their way. Montella is starting Lapadula over Bacca, who only returned to Milan on Thursday and is needed fit for the match against Juventus.
When and Where: Sunday 16 October, 2016; Marc’Antonio Bentegodi
Australia: beIN Sports Connect Australia, beIN Sports 1 Australia
Italy: SKY Go Italia, PremiumSport HD, Sky Supercalcio HD, Sky Sport 1 HD Italia, Sky Calcio 1
United States: fuboTV, beIN SPORTS USA, beIN SPORTS en Español, beIN SPORTS CONNECT U.S.A.
United Kingdom: BT Sport 2, BT Sport Live Streaming
- Milan are unbeaten in their last 19 league meetings against Chievo
- They’ve won 16 of those games
- You have to go back as far as 2005 for Chievo’s last win against Milan, in December.
- AC Milan and Chievo have drawn 0-0 in their last three meetings at the Bentegodi
- It’s young vs old; Milan’s average age in the starting XI is 25 years and 293 (the youngest in Serie A this season), while Chievo’s average age is 31 years and 91 days (the oldest).
- The Rossoneri have won 10 points from their last four games, the last time they were unbeaten in five consecutive games was back in February.
- Chievo haven’t scored against Milan in their last seven league matches. 701 minutes since the last goal from them.
Team News: Bacca is out of the starting lineup and given some rest, Lapadula will likely start ahead of him. Honda returned from the break with an ankle injury. Montolivo is out for several months due to his ACL injury.
Probably Milan XI: Donnarumma; Abate, Paletta, Romagnoli, De Sciglio; Kucka, Sosa, Bonaventura; Suso, Lapadula, Niang.
Probable Chievo XI: Sorrentino; Cacciatore, Dainelli, Gamberini, Gobbi; Castro, Radovanovic, Hetemaj; Inglese, Birsa, Meggiorini.
The last time these teams met it ended up a 0-0 draw.
Despite nil-all draws being the most common between the two teams, Milan should be able to get the win comfortably. 2-0.