It's been a busy week-and-a-half-ish for Milan. Here's a quick resume of all you need to know.
- Milan are interested in Belgian international Axel Witsel, whose club, Zenit St Petersburg, are unlikely to let him go unless for some mad cash money. Unfortunately for Milan, Mr. Bee's investment has been delayed - again -so Milan is still waiting on that influx of cash to splash around. To make matters worse, Tottenham also have Witsel on their radar, and it looks like they might get to him before Milan does.
- Milan are interested in another Belgian, winger Kevin Mirallas, who's apparently unhappy at current club Everton and wants out. He can play either wing or as a center forward. With M'Baye Niang starting to look comfortable on the left wing, Mirallas could be an instant-impact player on the right wing.
- Former fan favourite Kevin-Prince Boateng - he of flashy goals and fab Scudetto celebrations - appears set for a return to the Rossoneri in January. He's not the player he once was, but current polling (if you all are to be believed) indicates the faithful still think he has much to contribute and would welcome him back with open arms.
- It was only a matter of time, given his penchant for spectacular saves, but Milan's wonderkid (that'd be Gianluigi Donnarumma) is drawing interest from English clubs, notably Manchester United and Chelsea. Go away, England. He's ours and you can't have him.
- Elsewhere, perpetual journeyman Alexandre Pato is moving on once more.
- Luca Antonelli picked up a knock in training this week and injured the adductor muscle in his left thigh, according to Milan's official website. He will miss Sunday's match against Carpi. The extent of his injury will be reassessed next week, but it looks like Davide Calabria may get another chance to impress in the starting lineup.
- Antonelli joins Andrea Bertolacci on the injury list. You may recall that he suffered an injury in the match against Lazio in October. He returned to training a few weeks ago, but his injury flared up, delaying his return.
- Fret not, though - it's not all bad news! Mario Balotelli's recovery has been quicker than initially anticipated, and he could make his return against Hellas Verona in Round 16 or for Round 5 of the Coppa Italia against Sampdoria. If his social media accounts are any indication, Mario is PUMPED to be back on the pitch - and we all know a happy Mario is a motivated Mario.
- Riccardo Montolivo is going to be a first-time father! His wife, Christina de Pin, took to Facebook to announce the joyous news. Tanti auguri to the overjoyed couple!
- In case you missed it: former Milan man Mathieu Flamini is a real-life Captain Planet. He and a partner have started a company in Caserta that has developed a compound that will replace oil in all its forms. No, seriously. Clearly, his years of mediocracy at Milan were a front.
- It's not Milan-related, but here's a gentle reminder that as dire as things can seem sometimes, they can always be worse: Lazio midfielder Senad Lulic has apparently lost part of his finger in a freak gym accident. Ouch.